Follow these 4 simple steps for great swaddling:
- Unzip the swaddle sack and open the Velcro armband & leg flap
- Snugly wrap your little one's arms down with the Velcro armband! The bottom edge should cover the wrists, leaving the hands exposed. (If the band is too high on the arm, the neckline may ride up onto the baby’s chin.)
- Now, bring the swaddle up and over your baby's shoulders and zip the sack completely from top to bottom. (The neckline should now be well below your child’s chin.)
- Place your baby in SNOO with their feet at the end, nearest to the power button. Slide each elastic wing loop all the way onto each safety clip.
You’re all set!
Please Note: It is only safe to use the SNOO Sack with the zipper fully closed at the top and bottom. Upon laying your baby down—whether SNOO is on or off—always ensure your child’s safety by securing the swaddle’s wings to the safety clips.
- If your baby’s arms wiggle free, make sure the bands are very snug, covering your baby's wrists & ensure the leg flap is securely attached to the Velcro armband. If they still wiggle free, click here for Houdini-proof swaddling tips.
- If your baby fights the swaddling, pick them up for a feeding—even if they were recently fed, they may need just a few minutes more—or use strong white noise and the rest of the 5 S’s to soothe them.
Article is closed for comments.